For Lesley

Had to make a quick post for my cousin, who was one to partake in my baking escapades a few weeks ago.  I came home with a mammoth golden zucchini and made 6 loaves of bread; three with chocolate chips and three without.  I didn't think to take a picture, but here's one of my banana chocolate chip bread that looks pretty similar, just missing the gorgeous green and gold flecks of zucchini.


I usually top my banana bread with turbinado sugar and occasionally a shot of Malibu coconut rum, but I leave my zucchini bread plain on top.  However, when they're both done they're sweet and dense and studded with chocolatey goodness.

CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD

 (Makes 3 loaves)
  • 4½ cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1½ tsp. baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp. baking powder
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 3/4 tsp. nutmeg
  • 3 cup sugar
  • 3 cup finely shredded, unpeeled zucchini (One BIG one)
  • 3/4 cup cooking oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 bag chocolate chips
  • Grease bottom and sides of 3 loaf pans. I use the disposable ones for easy gifting.
  • In a medium mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. Set aside.
  • In another medium mixing bowl, combine sugar, zucchini, oil, and eggs. Add dry mixture to zucchini mixture & stir until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
  • Spoon into pan and bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out of the center clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on rack.
Makes enough to keep one for yourself and feed two friends (or sisters!)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment