The Fabled Bruschetta

It's been awhile since I've posted, but I've been busy with new recipes!  Before I get to those posts, though, I just want to share the pics of the AWESOME bruschetta made with those tiny, beautiful heirloom tomatoes from the previous post.

First I did a rough chop to keep hearty pieces of tomato intact.

 
 Then I dressed the tomatoes with a chiffonade of basil, some extra virgin olive oil, kosher salt and black pepper.



It was hard not to eat it right then!  But I refrained.  I laid the sliced baguette on a wire rack over a cookie sheet and scooped my precious little jewels onto the bread...


...making sure to keep the edges clear of vegetation in order to ensure crispiness.


Then I topped the little beauties with a blend of Gouda, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.  I also made a few pieces brushed with olive oil and topped with fresh thyme, basil and parsley and Parmesan cheese for a crispy base for some of the raw tomato mixture left over.  Here's an 'After' picture - I like the cheese to be gooey so it's lacking in typical golden deliciousness:


Yum!  Super simple supper for summer.  Don't forget to visit your local Farmer's Market.  If you're local to me, here's a good place to find one before they shut down for the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment